NorthEast of the Well is called to bring God’s Word into hard places, focusing on those in recovery and restoration.
WHO WE ARE
We are a Christ-Centered, worshiping community, bringing hope and healing to those impacted by generational patterns of addiction, abuse, sexual exploitation and incarceration. We provide an environment where people can have a life-changing encounter with Christ and grow alongside others with similar experiences.
We aim to empower each person we serve to return to their community with the message to “Come see about a man…”
"THEN, LEAVING HER WATER JAR, THE WOMAN WENT BACK TO THE TOWN AND SAID TO THE PEOPLE, 'COME, SEE A MAN WHO TOLD ME EVERYTHING I EVER DID. COULD THIS BE THE CHRIST?'” – JOHN 4:28 & 29
WHAT WE DO
Reach. Connect. Equip.
WE GO DIRECTLY TO THE NEED:
- Reaching out each week to more than a dozen transitional programs, shelters, safe houses and drug treatment programs;
- Bringing God’s Word and sharing ourselves in a way that leads to deep personal connection.
WE PROVIDE A PLACE TO CONNECT:
- Gathering weekly as an extended community at 3 separate locations;
- Providing a place to learn and grow alongside others with similar life experiences.
WE EQUIP PEOPLE TO INVEST IN THEIR OWN PROCESS OF TRANSFORMATION:
- Offering small groups, discipleship opportunities, and a path to leadership;
- Helping people to lead productive lives that point to Christ, through mentorship and education.
NorthEast of the Well began because a few people heard and obeyed God’s call to GO. They stepped into an unfamiliar place and brought God’s Word to residents in a county recovery program.
The result was newfound relationships with God and each other – as well as dramatically changed lives. This group longed to remain connected; they needed a place to stay encouraged and accountable in sobriety and in Christ. A group of men, women and children began to meet regularly to enjoy fellowship, worship, and Biblical teaching. In addition, people continued to GO out into dark and desperate places to share a message of hope with those still in need. As the mission continued, NorthEast of the Well was born.
Over the past few years, our ministry has inflated to cover new territory and reach many more lives seeking change. We reach out locally, gather in community, and rise up in leadership. Through all we do, the mission of NorthEast of the Well remains the same: to go to those in need and declare that grace, new life, and full restoration can be found in Christ Jesus.
WHAT DOES “NORTHEAST OF THE WELL” MEAN?
“Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, ‘Come, see about a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Christ?’” [John 4:28-29] The name NorthEast of the Well comes from scripture, in John chapter 4, where a woman has a life-changing encounter with Christ. This woman came to a well to draw water at mid-day, in hopes of avoiding human contact. She was living a life she was ashamed of, marked by sin and failure.
Christ met her here with intention. He validated her worth; He spoke truth into her situation. Despite her attempt to remain unseen, the Savior saw her. He called her to higher living and freedom from sin. Forever, this woman was changed by the Man she met at the well. With excitement and passion she returned to her home town, which was located “north east” of the well. She told others what she had seen and heard, spreading the message of grace. In this beautiful transformation, the outcast became the witness.
We believe Christ always makes the first move: Christ sought her–Christ saw her–Christ spoke with her. We, at NorthEast of the Well, aim to find people where they’re at; in their current state, space and situation. We step outside, we seek them out, and we speak with hope.
We believe that an encounter with Christ results in a life changed for the better, and we continue to beckon others with this call: “Come, see about a Man …”
- Biblical: Everything we do is based on a passion to share the word of God with those who are thirsty. Not only do we rely on the Bible as the sole guiding Truth for how we live, but we trust in the Holy Spirit to transform us from broken individuals into the likeness of Jesus.
- Relational: NorthEast nurtures individuals by teaching and modeling the Christian life, and building disciples one by one through intentional relationship and the sharing of our lives.
- Empowering: NorthEast empowers people to grow from passive receivers to active agents of their own transformation, by offering hope and helping them discover their purpose through a new identity in Christ.
- Generational impact: We strengthen the next generation by assisting parents to become healthy role models, and by nurturing children to know they are valued and loved by God.
- Collaborative: NorthEast partners with other organizations that extend the reach and provide a network of resources that serve our community holistically.