NorthEast of the Well is a Christian ministry incorporated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit in 2011. Our mission is to bring God's Word into hard-to-reach places, empowering those struggling with addiction, abuse, incarceration, and sexual exploitation to discover a new identity and step into their purpose. We offer hope through the Gospel message, belonging through a shared journey, and tools that provide a path to independence. NorthEast of the Well serves people living in drug treatment and transitional programs, safe houses, shelters, and jails in Southern California, partnering with over two dozen faith-based and secular organizations in a way that both enhances and reinforces their work.
NorthEast of the Well is blessed with an inspired team and generous individual and strategic partners. Our current need is for a participative leader to serve as the Director of Development for our growing ministry.
The Director of Development is a full-time exempt management-level position that will report to and work alongside our Founder/Executive Director in growing fundraising revenue to advance our mission. This is not a remote position. The Director of Development is a new position focused on leading a development team and all development activities for NorthEast of the Well in order to capture the interest of a broad demographic; create opportunities to promote, sustain, and grow our ministry; advance our brand; and expand our base of supporters and annual donations. The position requires creativity, resourcefulness, teamwork, and the ability to produce quantifiable results. Above all, this individual must represent NorthEast of the Well in a way that embodies our Christian values and demonstrates strong social acumen in a variety of settings and groups.
- Create and oversee an annual fundraising plan that aligns with our ministry’s strategic plan and annual goals and includes a blueprint to expand donations from individuals, churches, foundations, and corporations;
- Lead and supervise our development team, interns, and volunteers in accomplishing our organization’s development and revenue goals;
- Collaborate with the Founder/Executive Director and individual Board members to engage in networking, outreach, donor cultivation and stewardship, sponsorship solicitation, and other fundraising and awareness-building activities;
- Help donors accomplish their philanthropic goals through relationships with our organization;
- Identify, cultivate, and steward relationships with new and prospective donors;
- Generate ideas and create campaigns that increase revenue and strengthen donor loyalty;
- Manage the core functions of our CRM software, ensure timely and accurate entry of donor data, and coordinate donor acknowledgments as gifts are received;
- Working alongside a volunteer fundraising committee, oversee the organization and management of special events;
- In conjunction with a grant writer, research grant opportunities and prepare and track proposals and reports for foundation and corporate fundraising;
- Assist with the development and implementation of a strategic plan;
- Identify opportunities and lead the creation of compelling, consistent, and timely communications via print, conventional, and social media to engage and attract a broad demographic;
- Plan, create, and oversee the design, content, and production of marketing materials and special event collateral;
- Communicate with staff, Board of Directors, and partners to promote consistent messaging and capture stories that reflect our impact; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate will be 100% aligned with the core values, Statement of Faith, and mission of NorthEast of the Well. We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications and attributes:
- Belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, active member of a gospel-centered local Christian church, and ongoing growth in Christian maturity;
- Servant leader with demonstrated sound spiritual discretion, judgment, integrity, trustworthiness, accountability, and diligence;
- Three to five years of progressive fundraising experience, including managerial experience, within a nonprofit organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred, though not required;
- Fundraising and/or grant writing certification is preferred, though not required;
- Demonstrated success in growing donations through prospect identification, effective donor cultivation and stewardship, moves management, fundraising campaigns, cultivation events, special events/galas, social media, and marketing;
- Experience with budgeting, campaign management, and donor database management;
- Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading, and design skills, including the ability to present concepts verbally;
- Ability to multi-task and monitor several projects in a deadline-sensitive environment;
- Understanding of current fundraising trends and best practices;
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills and the willingness to insist upon high standards of performance;
- Knowledge of and experience with one or more CRM platforms; and
- Detailed record keeping skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
The annual salary range for the Director of Development position is $65,000 - $80,000, depending on experience. Benefits include employer-subsidized health care benefits, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time. NorthEast of the Well is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse workplace.
To apply, please submit a resume with a cover letter to: email@example.com. Visit www.northeastofthewell.org to learn more about our ministry. Thank you for your interest!