The Outreach and Teaching Associate is a full-time, high energy position and will report to our Director of Ministry Operations. The position is highly visible and combines the development and advancement of critical ministry partnerships with day-to-day outreach activities at the various programs and venues where NorthEast serves. Activities include planning, teaching or assisting with Bible studies, discipleship groups, community gatherings and special events. This individual will reflect the DNA of our ministry, relate to the population we serve and exhibit a burden to share the Gospel with people who can be difficult but are hungry for truth. We require an activator/connector who can push through challenging circumstances in a way that honors Christ and welcomes the outcast. The work schedule varies from week to week and involves evening activities.
Areas of Focus:
- Outreach: Help the ministry gain access and come alongside those living in programs, motels or working on the streets of Orange County and Long Beach.
- Promotion: Build awareness and create opportunities for churches, social service providers and other community organizations to support our mission.
- Teaching: Lead or assist with Bible studies for various programs served by NorthEast, either virtually or in person. Lead or assist with discipleship groups and leadership development activities.
- Relationship building: Build trust and develop authentic connections with those who are wary of the institutional church.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Development and follow-through on an outreach plan in conjunction with ministry operations and teaching staff, ensuring objectives are fully met or exceeded;
- Planning and/or leading engaging Bible studies that are relatable, practical and biblically sound;
- Maintaining a database of resources available to assist with needs such as drug treatment/recovery, shelters, community organizations, safe houses.
- Developing opportunities for churches and other partners to support the goals and vision of NorthEast through volunteer engagement and other support strategies;
- Maintaining records that accurately reflect participation and attendance at all NorthEast activities
- A strong, vibrant Christian faith evidenced by a compelling personal testimony;
- Ability to relate, through personal or ministry experience in the areas of substance abuse, incarceration/re-entry, sex trafficking, homelessness or underserved people highly preferred.
- A track record of mission involvement reaching marginalized and vulnerable people;
- A love of Scripture and a desire to share it in a way that affirms the dignity of those unfamiliar with the Bible, without watering down the truth;
- Effective organizational and planning skills; attention to detail;
- Ability to embrace diverse cultures and ethnicities;
- Must model a mature Christian faith in one’s attitude, speech and behavior.
- Team player: must have a willingness to pitch in when, where and however needed.
Benefits include employer-subsidized health and retirement accounts, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. NorthEast of the Well is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workplace.
IN ADDITION TO A RESUME, APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE A COVER LETTER AND A SHORT PERSONAL TESTIMONY OF THEIR FAITH JOURNEY.