NorthEast of the Well is a Christian non-profit organization that exists to bring God’s Word into hard-to-reach places, reaching those struggling to overcome generational patterns of abuse, addiction, incarceration and exploitation. We partner with treatment programs, sober living homes, shelters, safe houses and other service providers throughout Orange County and Long Beach to offer hope through the Gospel message, belonging through a shared journey, and tools to equip each person to step into their purpose. Our vision: The outcast becomes the Witness.
The Men’s Teaching and Discipleship Associate is a part-time position created to serve a growing number of county programs served by our ministry. As part of the core team that plans, coordinates, and carries out Bible-based teaching at NorthEast, the individual has to display strong leadership and help set the content and direction of our men’s discipleship program. Additionally, the Teaching & Discipleship Associate encourages devotion to Christ and models a Christian lifestyle to our staff, constituents, to the community at large.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Preparation and delivery of Bible-based messages at various weekly Bible studies for men’s programs and larger community gatherings.
- Maintaining up-to-date records of teaching schedules, topics covered, attendance and other metrics at small group and discipleship gatherings.
- Provide biblical counsel, encouragement, perspective to new believers & others.
- Help identify, equip and support volunteers to disciple others.
- Willingness to help out in any area where needed.
- A strong, vibrant Christian testimony and a passion for bringing the Gospel message to the marginalized and underserved.
- Sound biblical knowledge and a proven track record preaching/teaching in small or large group settings, preferably with a population group similar to that which NE serves.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills; ability to connect with and relate to various groups of people.
- Availability 15-20 hours/wk. including evenings and occasional weekend events. Must be able to travel throughout OC and Long Beach area.
- Candidates must fully agree with the NorthEast of the Well Statement of Faith.
Benefits include employer-subsidized health and retirement accounts, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. NorthEast of the Well is and Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse workplace.
IN ADDITION TO A RESUME, APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE A COVER LETTER AND A SHORT PERSONAL TESTIMONY OF THEIR FAITH JOURNEY.