NorthEast of the Well is a Christian ministry incorporated as a 501 c)3 non-profit in 2011. Our mission: to bring God's Word into hard-to-reach places, empowering those struggling with addiction, abuse, incarceration, and sexual exploitation to discover a new identity and step into their purpose. We offer hope through the Gospel message, belonging through a shared journey and tools that provide a path to independence. NorthEast serves people living in drug treatment and transitional programs, safe houses, shelters, and jails in Southern California, partnering with over two dozen faith-based and secular organizations in a way that both enhances and reinforces their work.
Our Communication and Development Manager has wide-ranging responsibility for advancing our brand, capturing the interest of a broad demographic, and creating opportunities to promote, sustain and expand the mission. The position requires creativity, teamwork, and the ability to produce quantifiable results. Above all, this individual will represent NorthEast in a way that embodies our Christian values and demonstrates strong social acumen in a variety of settings and people groups.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Create and oversee an annual fundraising plan that aligns with our ministry strategic plan that includes a blueprint to expand support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Help donors accomplish their philanthropic goals through a relationship with our organization.
- Identify and build relationships with new and prospective donors.
- Generate ideas and create campaigns that increase revenue and strengthen donor loyalty.
- Manage the core functions of our CRM software; oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Working alongside a volunteer fundraising committee, oversee the organization and management of special events.
- Working alongside our grant writer, develop and track proposals and reports for foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Identify opportunities and create compelling and timely communications, via print, conventional and social media, that engage and attract broad demographic.
- Plan, create and oversee the design, content and production of marketing materials and special event collateral.
- Communicate with staff, board of directors and partners to promote consistent messaging and capture stories that reflect our impact.
- A strong Christian faith, evidenced by an honest personal testimony and a lifestyle that points to Christ.
- Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading, design skills, including the ability to present concepts verbally.
- Ability to multi-task and monitor several projects in a deadline-sensitive environment.
- Understanding of current fundraising trends.
- Strong leadership skills and the willingness to insist upon high standards of performance.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience with successful fundraising campaigns, special events, and donor development.
- Knowledge of one or more CRM platforms.
Benefits include employer-subsidized health and retirement accounts, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. NorthEast of the Well is and Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse workplace.
IN ADDITION TO A RESUME, APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE A COVER LETTER AND A SHORT PERSONAL TESTIMONY OF THEIR FAITH JOURNEY.